CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gingerbread Boy and Girl

The Monday before we got out for Christmas break, we wrapped up our study of many, many different gingerbread books.  We had plans to make our own gingerbread boy and gingerbread girl, but it didn’t work out quite like we had planned!

The dough was rolled outI Phone Pictures 705then we used different types of candy to decorate themI Phone Pictures 708I Phone Pictures 710We were so glad that Mrs. Moran’s daughter was at school with us that day because Mrs. Abraham was struggling to get the Gingerbread girl to look like a gingerbread girl!  I Phone Pictures 717Here they are before we put them in the oven!I Phone Pictures 719The students were so excited to go get the gingerbread boy and girl out of the oven.I Phone Pictures 720I Phone Pictures 721EEEEEkkkkkkk- when we got to the cafeteria- the gingerbread boy and girl had leaped out of the oven and left us clues all over the school.  We had to go on a hunt to find them.I Phone Pictures 724

We finally found them under the Christmas tree in Ms. Peck’s room!I Phone Pictures 725

This is what they looked like after they were baked and ran all over the school.I Phone Pictures 726

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Abraham -- I'm linking to your gingerbread party as part of my blog's Busy Moms on Monday feature. What a great idea -- and this looks like such a fun classroom. I'd love it if my kids had a kindergarten experience like this -- I'd love it for me too!

    ReplyDelete